Tiny monkey learning the rules of nature
With nature’s scenic backdrop this natural phenomenon is worthy of its nickname. 70 km from Cochin, Athirapally has two remarkable waterfalls, the lush green Vazhachal forest and the wildlife infused Vachumaram lake on offer.
Humidity and sound-filled spot – Athirapally Falls
Depends on how much you want to cover, touring around Kerala you can easily make a day trip out there but if you opt for putting down your head, Rainforest Resort is a good one with panoramic views at the falling water.
Caution at all times – Vazhachal Falls
The two considerable waterfalls are Vazhachal Falls and Athirapally Falls, the latter being the significant crowd puller. The 24-metre plunging water really is something worth the visit and the humidity filled trekking to the bottom of the fall. Finally when you feel the water drops on your face, you hear the robust sounds and see the mesmerizing falls from this close of a proximity some sweat and exhaustion all won’t matter anymore.
Fast moving water – Vazhachal Falls
- First visit the smaller, Vazhachal Falls, then drop your jaw at the big hit when spot Athirapally Falls. The same ticket gets you into both places.
- Quench your thirst with tender coconut water at the entrance of the falls.
Kerala off the beaten track:
- Discover Quilon – Kerala’s hidden gem
- Take an authentic Ayurveda consultation in Trivandrum
- Visit Varkala’s secret beach Where mysterious backwaters join the open sea
- Get your Spice kick and high tea in Thekkady
- See how Munnar reflects fifty shades of green
- Relax in Kovalam – an almost forgotten place by the sea
- Spend the night on Kerala’s waterways
- Try the tastiest fish in banana leaf in always bustling Cochin
- See Cochin on the move
- Or if time is up, race against it in Kerala